Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tapping Into My Inner Designer - Part 1


Time for another experiment. I'm on the edge of my seat, are you?

Last weekend my mother-in-law was good enough to come in from out of town to babysit. Being typical Diana she had to indulge in some garage sales first. She loves a bargain! She arrived with an armful of clothes for my girls. Then there were the lamps. Dut dut duuuuuuu! Apparently she got a great deal on them and couldn't pass them up. Had intended on taking them home with her but was concerned that my father-in-law would get cranky about it. Gee, I wonder why. So on my deck they stayed. Either we could keep them or perhaps my newly single brother-in-law might want them. Doubtful. That's when my inner designer kicked in. Why not try to fix them up? What's there to lose? My only concern being that my MIL would want them back and no I'm not joking. Once I got past the tacky gold accents and faded burgundy shades, I thought that it just might be possible to fix these bad boys up! The shades, obviously, are an easy fix. Just need to try and curb my expensive taste - tee hee. The shape of the lamp bases are not too shabby. Of course the gold has got to go! Blissful images of spray paint cans swirled around in my head. Do I play it safe and just grab a can of silver? Or dare I be bold and go with colour. Who knew lamps could bring so much excitement to ones life! Can't wait to go shopping!

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Silver! Totally! Tassles and feathers may also be in order. Hot glue gun, anyone?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think silver would look pretty snazzy too. But! I am considering putting the lamps in my bedroom so a pop of colour in there would really tickle my fancy.

    ReplyDelete