Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Do NOT Try This At Home


Here's my first experiment. Not at all planned and never want to do it again. While on staycation last week my cat escaped out of the house and disappeared overnight. Made for a looong night of tossing and turning. Here were some of my thoughts:

Car screeches to a halt on a street - "Oh man, wonder if she's on the road."
Dog barks - "Oh man, wonder if she's by the dog."
Wind blows a bush - "Oh man, wonder if she's in the bush."
Bird chirps - "Oh man, was that her? Nope. Stupid noisy bird."
Rabbit catches my eye outside - "Oh man, is that her? Nope. Kill the wabbit."

Although traumatic and horrible at the time, it's now kinda humorous. Since then I have smothered my cat with tons of affection. Most likely giving her reason to try and escape from the house yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment