Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Soccer Parents


Tonight at my daughter's soccer game I had the 'pleasure' of getting to know my fellow soccer moms. Here are a few things that are fresh in my mind:


* The mom that compliments every kid on the team. While I was very flattered that she thought how great Chloe was doing, I found it quite amusing that she was saying this to all the parents. Sorry, but I don't think that the wimpy kid who runs away from the soccer ball is doing so hot.


* The mom who was pretending to read a book and avoiding everyone (see post below).


* The teenage sister who never comes to soccer and doesn't even know which team her brother is on. Nice going!


* The mom who has the need to constantly talk and talk. And talk. How nice that you had a disease as a child. And a rare one! No I don't think you should run out and buy a lottery ticket as I don't think having a rare disease is "lucky".


* The hyperactive kid that can't sit still and seems to be on a mission to spill my Tim Hortons coffee. Spill it, I dare you!


* The mom who keeps calling her son's soccer skills pure luck. Ummm, perhaps your son actually has talent?


* Then there was the little boy who came and sat beside me. I don't think he knew where his mom or dad were. Must say I didn't mind his company. Luckily his parents resurfaced and he was able to rejoin them.


* The girl on Chloe's team who meant to bounce the ball off the top of her head but instead headbutted it *snicker*

1 comment: