Monday, August 10, 2009

Just Around The Corner


For a while now Tom and I have been talking about going to a Roughrider game in Calgary. Since his birthday is before a game in Calgary we seized the opportunity! Besides football, it would be a great weekend getaway for us. After we bribed secured a babsitter for the weekend (thanks Tom's mom!)it was time to find a hotel. My being a fancy pants, I smiled my sweetest smile (yes, it hurt) at Tom and begged for something swanky. After all, it's not like we do this all of the time. So we logged on to Hotwire and took a shot. What was to lose? Aside from getting stuck in a cockroach infested hellhole. We decided on a 4-star hotel in downtown Calgary. No idea what we just paid for we eagerly awaited an email. Here is what we reserved...The Westin. Bee-utiful! Not sure I'll ever want to leave. So far Hotwire is not too shabby! Time will tell. And so will my blog.

1 comment: